The column import stage in DataStage allows to generate or import columns from a single column. It is a restructuring stage and supports one input link, one output, and one reject link.
The incoming data could be fixed width or delimiter separated and of string type. This stage split the data as per specifications .the output column could be of any type.
let us consider incoming data as following data.
PROPERTIES SET UP:
- Design and links the stage as per the post picture.
- Edit the Column import stage and define two columns in output tab as Firstname and Last name.
- Now to go to format tab and specify the delimiter as “-” (similar to sequential stage)
- go to stage properties and Specify “Full_name “ as import input column
- Add column to import option twice and specify them as firstname, lastname respectively . See the pictures above for more understanding .
- Map the columns as shown in the picture.
- Compile and run the job.